Cranleigh Recycling Centre
Published: 14 September 2017
Latest News from Surrey County Council Cabinet Member Cllr Mike Goodman on the Community Recycling Centre Consultation
Having listened to the views from residents and stakeholders, I will be proposing to cabinet that we do not permanently close the four sites (Bagshot, Cranleigh, Dorking and Warlingham). However, we still need to make savings to the CRC service and I will be recommending ending the free daily allowance of chargeable waste. So, when the SCC Cabinet meets on 26 September, I will be recommending that the following proposals from the consultation are introduced:
- The four sites Bagshot,Cranleigh,Dorking,and Warlingham will close on a number of days during the week, details will be agreed by cabinet.
- There will be a core strategic network of CRC sites that will remain open 7 days a week, other sites will be closed for part of the week, details will be agreed at cabinet
- Ending the free daily allowance of chargeable waste from the construction, alteration or repair of homes and gardens such as rubble, plasterboard and soil.
- Ensuring CRCs are only used by Surrey residents.
- Restricting users of vans, trailers and pick-ups to larger CRC sites only.